The HOMEAFFAIRS Conference will take place on 22 November 2018 as part of the 4th HOMEAFFAIRS – Internal Security Forum Prague.
The entire Forum runs from 21 to 23 November 2018 and features closed sessions for specialised senior governmental officials, restricted roundtables with internationally renowned experts and workshops for policy makers involved in internal security issues.
22 NOVEMBER 2018 – HOMEAFFAIRS CONFERENCE
Conference Venue: Kaiserstein Palace, Malostranské náměstí 37/23, 110 00 Prague 1
9:00 – 9:30
9:30 – 10:00
10:00 – 11:30
Off-Record Panel: Centres for Irregular Migrants in Africa
What are the options for building a sustainable infrastructure for stopping irregular migrants in Africa and returning irregular migrants from the EU?
- Gerald Dreveny, Deputy Head of the Department for Asylum and Alien Law, Austrian Federal Ministry of the Interior, Vienna
- Yonathan Jakubowitz, Executive Director, Israeli Immigration Policy Center, Tel-Aviv
- Arndt Künnecke, Professor, Federal Unversity of Applied Administrative Sciences, Brühl
- Vladimír Šimoňák, Head of the Home Affairs Unit, Permanent Representation of the Slovak Republic to the EU, Brussels
- Moderator: Pavla Novotná, Director of the Department for Asylum and Migration Policies, Ministry of the Interior, Prague
11:30 – 12:00
12:00 – 13:30
Public Panel: Prevention of Islamic Extremism in Liberal Democracies
Jihadist attacks are only the tip of the iceberg, the most visible part of a larger problem with Islamic extremism. How may liberal democracies enhance prevention against this type of threat?
- Shmuel Bar, Founder and CEO, Intuview, Tel Aviv
- Andreas Jacobs, Coordinator for Islam and politics, Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung, Berlin
- Jorge Bento Silva, Principal Administrator of the Special Committee on Terrorism, European Parliament, Brussels
- David Toube, Director of Policy, Quilliam Foundation, London
13:30 – 15:00
13:45 – 14:45
Restricted Lunch for HOMEAFFAIRS Donors and Friends
15:00 – 16:30
Public Panel: Prevention of Irregular Migration from Africa
European leaders promised to prevent another migration crisis. What preventive measures are in place already and which further measures should be implemented?
- Carmen González Enríquez, Senior Analyst, Elcano Institute, Madrid
- Tomáš Zdechovský, Czech Member of the European Parliament for the EPP, European Parliament, Brussels
- Moderator: Radko Hokovský, Founder and Chairman of the Executive Board, Head of the Internal Security Program, European Values Think-Tank, Prague
16:30 – 17:00
17:00 – 18:30
Off-Record Panel: Strategic Solutions for Countering Islamic Extremism
What should a realistic and effective strategy against Islamic extremism look like? The discussion will be led on the basis of a comprehensive policy paper containing a set of concrete measures towards strategically eliminating the influence of Islamic extremism in Europe.
- Saad Idrissi Amrani, Chief Commissioner and Policy Advisor, Belgian Federal Police, Brussels
- Roberta Bonazzi, Founder & President, European Foundation for Democracy, Brussels
- Usama Hasan, Head of Islamic Studies, Quilliam Foundation, London
- Andreas Jacobs, Coordinator for Islam and Politics, Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung, Berlin
- Moderator: Jan Stehlík, Coordinator and Analyst of the Internal Security Program, European Values Think-Tank, Prague
19:00 – 21:00
Evening Reception for Conference participants
Reception Venue: Embassy of Poland, Valdštejnská 153/8, Prague 1